Designing a website for your company can be a pretty challenging task! You have many expectations to juggle with, from different angles. Here are some tips and general ideas to help you create great website designs.
- Greyscale: begin your wireframe design in greyscale, add in your photos then carefully add in the colours you wish to use, to help avoid the overdesigned look.
- Consistent Fonts: add your web fonts to your corporate style guide to ensure that all documents and web documents use the same fonts. This is good for brand consistency.
- Hide away social media: don’t put your social media icons too close to the reader – instead bury them down in the footer to avoid people clicking off your site too soon.
- Simple menus: giving fewer options to your users can help get people to the right content. Instead of having loads of menu items, simplify it down to the essentials.
- Get rid of sidebars: it is now believed that taking away sidebars from pages helps readers to focus in on the actual content of a page and makes them more likely to read the whole article.